Prep Time: 20min
Cooking Time: 30min
Fish, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces: 8-10 pieces
Coriander Seeds: 2 Tablespoons
Cumin Seeds: 1 Tablespoon
Dried Hot Red Chiles: 2
Whole Cloves: 2
Green Cardamom Pods: 2
Cinnamon Stick: 1.5 inch
Ground Turmeric: 3/4 tablespoon
Salt: 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Water: 1 cup
Onion, finely chopped: 3/4 cup
Fresh Ginger, grated and peeled: 1 Tablespoon
Garlic Clove, minced: 1
Bay Leaf: 1
Yoghurt, Plain: 1 Cup
1) Rub turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt all over the fish pieces in a large bowl and toss well.
2) Add 2 tablespoon Coriander Seeds, 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds, Dried Hot Red Chiles, 2 Whole Cloves, 2 Green Cardamom Pods, 1-inch Cinnamon Stick into grinder and process until its finely ground.
3) In a large frying pan, add 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
4) Add the fish pieces in it and cook until fish is lightly browned then drain and reserve away from the pan.
5) Add finely chopped onions into the frying pan, fry until tender then add ginger, garlic and bay leaf and fry for 2-3minutes.
6) Now add grounded spice mix and cook for 2 minutes then add in water, 1 tablespoon salt and yoghurt their stair properly. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
7) Return fish pieces and accumulated juices to the pan, Cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
9) Remove the pan from the heat and your Fish Curry is ready to serve.