Prep Time: 30min
Cooking Time: 1:45hr
Green chilies: 3
Ginger-Garlic Paste: 2 Tablespoons
Red Chilli Powder: 1 1/2 -2 Tablespoons
Garam Masala Powder: 1 1/2 Tablespoon
Turmeric powder: 1 Tablespoon
Bay leaves: 2
Cinnamon stick: 1.5 Inch
Ghee: 5 Tablespoons
Salt: 1 Tablespoon
Chopped coriander: 1/2 Cup
Mint leaves: 1/2 Cup
1. Wash the meat properly and drain out all the excess water and keep it ready for marination.
2. Finely slice the onions then deep fry them till golden brown. Remove on absorbent paper and keep aside. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces; remove the juice of two lemons.
3. Whisk yoghurt till there are no lumps and add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt. Add the chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, lime juice and crushed fried onions.
4. Add the mutton pieces & mix with hands or with a spatula. Keep in the refrigerator for overnight marination.
1. Prior to cooking, remove the marinated meat from the fridge and bring it to room temperature.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan on a medium flame and add the bay leaves, peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and let it splutter for a minute. Pour the marinated meat along with the marination in the pan and bring it a boil.
3. Once it comes to a boil, let it simmer on a low flame covered for around 1-1.5 hours stirring at intervals till the meat is tender.
4. Check for seasonings, once the meat is completely cooked and tender, garnish with chopped coriander and mint leaves.
5. Remove from the heat and your Meat Curry is ready to serve.